What If God Is Still God?
There is a lot of fear being stirred up right now about artificial intelligence. We hear people talking about what AI might become, what it might be capable of doing, and what could happen if it becomes more powerful than anyone expected. Some of the questions being raised are worth examining. We should have wisdom about anything that has the ability to affect people's lives, and we should not just blindly accept everything we are told. But as I listened to some of the fear surrounding AI, my thoughts went somewhere much bigger than artificial intelligence. I started thinking about what happens when people allow fear of what they cannot control to become greater than their trust in God.
Fear has been presented to mankind in one form or another since the creation. The thing people fear changes with the times, but the pattern remains. There are wars, diseases, economic troubles, political problems, natural disasters, new technologies, and predictions about what might happen next. Sometimes there are genuine dangers that need to be recognized. That does not mean we have to receive the fear that often comes with the warning. There is a difference between understanding that something may be dangerous and allowing fear to take authority over our thinking.
That distinction matters for a child of God because Scripture does not teach us to make peace with fear or to become better at managing it. Paul wrote, “For God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7. If fear is not what God has given us, then we need to be careful about accepting it as though it were simply a normal part of following Him. We can recognize a situation. We can examine facts. We can use discernment. We can take reasonable precautions. None of those things require us to come into agreement with fear.
Our confidence has to rest somewhere, and God has given us His Word so that our confidence does not have to rest on whatever the world is saying at the moment. When frightening information comes to us, we do not have to allow that information to become the foundation of what we believe. We can go back to what God has already said and let His Word establish our thinking.
David wrote, “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3. David was not pretending that frightening circumstances did not exist. He knew what danger looked like. He had enemies who wanted him dead, and there were times when he had very good reason to be concerned about what might happen to him. Yet David understood where his trust belonged. The Hebrew verb used here is אִירָא (ʾîrāʾ), from the root ירא (y-r-ʾ), which carries the idea of being afraid or fearing. David was not ashamed to acknowledge that frightening circumstances could affect him. What mattered was where he placed his trust. He turned to God.
There is something important in that because we sometimes confuse faith with pretending that nothing can ever go wrong. That is not biblical faith. Faith does not require us to deny what is happening around us. Faith means that what is happening around us does not become greater in our minds than the God we serve. I can look honestly at a situation without accepting the fear attached to it. I can recognize that something has the potential to cause harm without assuming that the worst possible outcome is going to happen.
That becomes especially important in the world we live in now because information moves so quickly, instantly even. Somebody can make a prediction, another person can repeat it, somebody else can add another possibility, and before long people are discussing something that might happen as though it has already been established as fact. Fear can take a possibility and make it feel certain. It can cause people to spend their time preparing emotionally for an event that may never happen.
We need discernment in that kind of environment. John wrote, “Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God.” 1 John 4:1. Scripture does not tell us to believe everything we hear. It tells us to test. That means we should think carefully about what is being presented to us, examine what is actually known, and refuse to let somebody else's fear become our own simply because they presented it with confidence.
This is one reason I believe God’s children need to be careful about the things we continually feed into our minds. If we spend our days listening to predictions of disaster, watching frightening reports, and imagining everything that could possibly go wrong, eventually we may begin responding emotionally to possibilities instead of standing firmly in what God has actually said. We can become so occupied with what might happen that we forget that God is already aware of everything that will happen.
Scripture tells us exactly who God is. Isaiah records His words: “Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning.” Isaiah 46:9-10. God is not standing somewhere waiting to discover what mankind will do next. He is not surprised by technological development. He is not watching humanity create something and wondering whether it might become too powerful for Him. He already knows the beginning and the end.
That changes how I look at Artificial Intelligence. I do not have to pretend that there are no questions worth asking about it. Human beings are capable of using almost anything for good or for evil, and wisdom requires us to pay attention to how powerful tools are being used. But there is no reason for me to become afraid simply because human beings have created something powerful. AI is not God. It is not sovereign. It is not all-knowing, and it is most certainly not outside the authority of the One who created everything that exists.
Sometimes the way people talk about new technology makes it sound as though mankind has suddenly created something so powerful that even God needs to be concerned about it. That is not the God Scripture reveals. The God of the Bible is not threatened by human invention. He does not lose His authority when mankind develops something new. Nothing humanity creates can become greater than its Creator.
This is why the question that comes to my mind is, what if God is still God? While people are discussing what might happen because of AI, God has not changed. While people are trying to predict what technology may do in ten years, God already knows what will happen. While people are looking at everything they cannot control, God remains completely sovereign. So instead of allowing myself to be frightened by what I cannot predict, I can stand firmly on what God has already said.
That does not mean we stop thinking. Proverbs says, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.” Proverbs 3:5. God gave us minds, and He expects us to use them. Trusting Him does not mean becoming careless or ignorant. It means that our understanding is not large enough to become the foundation of our security. When we reach the edge of what we know, we do not have to become afraid simply because we cannot see beyond it. We can trust the One who can.
We see this with Joshua. Moses had died, and Joshua had been given the responsibility of leading Israel. There were real enemies ahead, and Joshua was facing something much larger than himself. God never told Joshua that nothing difficult would ever happen. He told him, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
God did not give Joshua a detailed explanation of everything that would happen during his leadership. He gave Joshua the assurance of His presence. That is important because sometimes we think peace won’t come until we finally understand everything. We want God to explain the future to us so that we can feel safe about it. But God does not have to give us tomorrow's details in order for us to trust Him today. His presence is enough.
That is where I believe the issue of fear becomes very serious. If I allow fear to tell me that I am unsafe simply because I cannot control everything around me, then I am allowing something other than God's Word to establish what I believe. If fear tells me that the future is hopeless because I cannot see what is coming, then I am listening to a voice that does not know the future. God does.
I do not need to receive the enemy's prediction as though it were God's revelation. I do not need to accept every frightening possibility as though it has already been written into my future. I need to know what God has said and stand there.
That is why the Scripture in Isaiah is so important: “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” Isaiah 26:3. The peace comes from where the mind is established. If my mind is continually being filled with everything the world says might happen, then I should not be surprised when fear begins trying to take over. But when my mind is established in God and His Word, I have something solid underneath me that does not change every time the news changes.
The enemy would love for us to spend our lives looking at everything that could go wrong. Fear can keep a person constantly preparing for a future that has not arrived while missing the life God has given them today. It can make us suspicious of everything new, frightened of everything unknown, and convinced that something terrible is always just around the corner. But that is not the life God has called His people to live.
Jesus never promised His followers that the world would become free of trouble. In fact, He told them the opposite. He said, “In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33. He acknowledged the reality of trouble while giving His followers a reason not to surrender their confidence to it.
That is the difference I want to remember when I hear frightening things about AI or anything else. I do not have to deny that problems exist. I do not have to pretend that people cannot do evil. I do not have to stop using wisdom. But I also do not have to be afraid because somebody has told me that I should be.
My response should begin with God, not with fear.
When I hear a frightening prediction, I can examine it without accepting it. When I hear someone describe a possible danger, I can consider the facts without allowing that possibility to become a source of dread. When I encounter something I do not understand, I can seek wisdom instead of assuming the worst. And when I come to the place where I simply cannot know what will happen, I can trust God rather than allowing the unknown to frighten me.
That is not pretending that life is always safe. It is recognizing where my safety and confidence ultimately come from.
There will always be another frightening headline until Jesus comes back. There will always be another prediction about what is coming. There will always be people who believe they can tell us exactly how something is going to end. Technology will continue to change, and the world will continue to present us with things we have never seen before. But none of that changes the character of God.
David said, “When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” Psalm 56:3. I do not believe that verse gives fear permission to become part of our identity. It shows us where to turn when something attempts to bring fear into our lives. We turn to God. We return to His Word. We remind ourselves of what is true instead of allowing the enemy to establish our thinking through what might happen.
If I truly trust God, then I do not have to live afraid of the future. I do not know everything that will happen, but I know the One who does. I do not control everything that people may do, but I know the One who remains sovereign over His creation. I do not understand everything mankind may develop, but I know that nothing mankind creates can become greater than the God who created mankind.
So when the world begins asking what might happen next, I can remember what matters more than any prediction about the future. God has not changed. His authority has not changed. His Word has not changed. His faithfulness has not changed. And nothing mankind creates can change any of those things.
I don’t have to know what tomorrow will bring in order to trust the God who will already be there when tomorrow arrives. I can stand on His Word because His Word is a much firmer foundation than anything fear can offer me.
What if God is still God?
He is. And that is where my confidence remains.
✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️
Prayer:
Holy Father, I worship You because You alone are God. You are the Creator, and everything mankind has ever made exists because You first gave us the minds, abilities, and materials to make it. Nothing we create can ever take Your place or diminish Your power.
Father God, when fear is stirred in me by the things I see happening in the world, help me to stop and remember who You are. I will not allow fear to become greater than my trust in You. When Satan uses deception to make people believe that mankind has become more powerful than its Creator, give me discernment to recognize the lie and hold firmly to Your truth.
Help me not to be frightened by artificial intelligence or by the things people may create with it. Give me wisdom to use what is useful without putting my trust in it. Let me trust You above every voice, every invention, every prediction, and every fearful message that comes my way.
I choose to remember that You are still God. You have not lost Your authority, You have not surrendered Your creation, and You have not been surprised by anything mankind has made. Keep my heart settled in You, my mind guarded by Your truth, and my eyes fixed on You instead of on fear.
Thank You, Holy Father, that I can trust You completely. Amen.
✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️
Don't take my word for it. Like the Bereans in Acts 17:11, search the Scriptures daily to see whether these things are so. Open your Bible, study God's Word for yourself, and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. Don't simply accept my conclusions. If what I've written agrees with Scripture, hold fast to it. If it doesn't, let God's Word be your final authority.
If you liked this message, please leave a positive comment. I would love to hear from you!
© AMKCH 2026
image done by imagefree at my direction. (yea it took a lot to get it to do it right too.)
If any of these people looks like you or someone you know, that is purely coincidental. They are not.
✝️✝️✝️✝️✝️
.

Comments
Post a Comment
Welcome! Thank you for visiting! I look forward to your comments! However, ANY swearing, cursing, condemning or blasphemy comments will be blocked in moderation. If you liked what you read, please leave a comment! It really is encouraging. Thanks for visiting!